ARC Ref phono 2 vs ASR Basis Excl 2010

Anyone have experience with the ARC reference phono 2 yet? It's quite new... I kind of don't want to be the first to dive in. I read the JV review but of course he has nothing but glamourous things to say about all ARC products. I do like the functionality of the Ref Phono 2... seems like it would be easy to work with as everything can be done via the remote control.

Lots of people here seems to love the ASR. I don't think I can go wrong with it at least.

I have RFI problems currently (could be caused by cabling) so one requirement is it must be good at rejecting interference.
changster

Showing 2 responses by stickman451

I recently tried the Ref Phono 2 and I felt that it bettered my Hovland HP-100's internal phono in every way; I loved it! Big money however...
Interesting that you liked the AR Ref phono 2 better than the Ypsilon. I believe that Michael Fremer commented that he liked the Ypsilon much better than the AR that he heard at this year's CES; I guess everyone is different...

I liked the AR Ref Phono quite a bit; most powerful sound I have ever heard come out of my KHorns; powerful, with GRUNT, but with all the beauty, detail, transparency, and realism I am looking for...now, if I just had $12k....