ARC REF 3 vs ML 326s

Need opinions please. My next preamp will be either the ARC Ref 3 or ML 326s. Heres what i need to inform you, I have the B&W Matrix 800s. I mostly listen to classic rock so alot of the cd recordings/sonics are not to good as you may know. And the B&W 800s reveal this. So im thinking of going with a tube preamp such as the ARC Ref 3 will take the edge off ..What are your opinions of this.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

Showing 1 response by izz0

The ref 3 is a very very good pre-amp, up their with the best designs of all time IMHO. Not sure on how the ML will stack up against it as I have not heard one. I do listen to a ref 3 regularly as I have one in long term rotation against an Ayre KX5 and a MSB Analog DAC ( with volume control). 

With a good SS amp to back the ref 3 up, its a killer combo, one I just spent all day enjoying with my Ayre MX-R mono blocks. Prior to the MX-R I had the ref 3 paired with a Ayre VX5, both combos are sublime. I highly doubt I will ever move my ref 3 on, I have listened to the ref 5 , ref 5se and ref 6. They sounded very nice of course but not "oh lets pony up 10-15k " good to get me to upgrade. That said, I am looking to move my KX5 on. Read that as you will.

Hope this helps.