ARC LS26 power cords, interconnects, tweaks

I just purchased an Audio Research LS26 preamplifier. This is my first tube component and now my system could go fully balanced if I invested in xlr cables. I am very happy with the overall sound of the LS26. The separation of details and fuller sound in the midrange is an incredible improvement in many ways. Tones sound so natural and true through this preamp. That said, I do not feel I am getting the full level of performance it is capable of. My former pre was a solid state edge g1. There was a sparkle in the treble that is not there with the ARC and while the midrange is certainly fuller it sounds very slightly veiled especially on voices. I am sure this is just a tweaking issue as it really does sound incredible. I would love to hear from other owners who have experimented and what you've learned.

I currently own all Tara Labs RSC interconnects terminated with RCA. My system is:

amp: spectron musician 3se mk2 (isoclean superfocus power cord)
preamp: arc ls26 (shunyata taipan power cord)
cdp: resolution audio opus 21 (shunyata taipan power cord)
loudspeaker: audio physic scorpio: spectron remote sense speaker cable / purist audio new elementa advanced

Thanks
J
j_evege

Showing 2 responses by rayden1972

@Jim_swantko

Out of curiousity what pre do you own now and how does it compare to the ARC?

Cheers,
-Rayden
I used to own LS26 and had the same experience. According to my dealer monitor has a shorter signal path than CD input that's why it sounds better. Its also the reason that with monitor input you dont have all functions available e.g. gain as far as I remember.