ARC LS26/27 vs BAT VK31SE

Just curious has anyone owned these preamps and how would you compare them? I currently own a VK31SE and find it is a very nice sounding unit but a short time ago purchased a ARC REF 110 amp.  I am sure most would think the ARC is a better match with the 110 however, looking for anyone with experience or an opinion of these preamps. Thank you in advance. 

Sam
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
The new MW LS 300 has two balanced inputs and outputs. Currently the one balanced input on my LS36.5 is enough but if I ever added a balanced phono preamp I’d probably just have to hear what component clearly deserves it. 

My LS36.5 is the one box version. I’ve thought about sending it to Dan for the DM upgrade adding the separate power supply but it sounds so nice I just don’t have the urge. If I ever do I’d probably see if a used LS300  comes up for sale and go that route instead, but I’m very happy with it and probably upgrade something else first.

I purchased my LS36.5 direct from Dan as I don’t have a dealer anywhere nearby. I never asked him if I didn’t like it if I could return it, but Dan’s so easy to work with I bet he would if I covered the shipping.
Thanks for the feedback so far. I can't afford the Ref Series preamps right now so that's why I'm around $3k or below. The BAT VK31SE I wouldn't consider it really tubey but musical and relatively neutral.  Of course this is my opinion.  Would love to know how it compares to lets say LS27 in overall presentation.  
I have never had any BAT equipment. I do own the Audio Research ls27 and it is a great preamp. It is not overly tubby at all, but it has a great midrange and I think it would be a great match for your Ref 110, which I have heard.

I once owned a VT100 MKIII power amp and as others have said the ref series is in another league, but I understand your plight and made the choice for the ls27 from a ls17se. ARC stuff works really well together. Good luck with whatever you choose and keep us posted.
Quick update.  I will be trading my VK31SE for a LS26 very soon so I hope this is a good move.  I think it will but we'll see.
Update:  The LS26 has been a very nice addition and a great match for the Ref 110.  The overall sound is very cohesive and balanced.  My gut feeling was correct  :)