ARC 210's w/BAT VK52SE vs ASR Emitter Exclusive II

was starting to think about the $$ involved in replacing all 30 some tubes on my ARC and BAT equipment. I only have about 300 hrs on the tubes so far... I would like some opinions on how you guys think the ASR Emitter Exclusive II blue version may compare to my current equipment. I would also like cooler running gear due to living in Florida and my audio room facing west... I absolutely love how the system sounds at this time and am also concerned about messing up the balance. I tend toward a tube sound with bloom and 3d imaging. My speakers are the Usher BE20's and front end is a Modwright Transporter.
Thanks in advance
Tony
128x128mantis007

Showing 1 response by semi

I am with Jfrech and I also use the same amps as he does, BAT 150SE, which run on the hotter side even for tube amps.

going to SS might save you a few bucks long term, but musical enjoyment will vanish with it. do your math, figure out how much tube replacement cost is per year, cut down your spending from somewhere else to make up to your tube cost. I will rather eat cup noodle for a month than listening to SS gears all year round.