Aragon 8008BB or Odyssey Stratos power amp

Hello fellow audiophiles,
I plan on using the Paradigm Studio 40s,Rega Planet 2000 cd player,Conrad-Johnson or Rogue Audio preamp.Have any of you used or compared the Aragon or Odyssey with these speakers and or components that I have mentioned?
I love the way the Paradigms deliver the music.
I am open to ideas on this combination and cables.
Thank you all for your replys.
johnny7
johnny7

Showing 1 response by keriadums

actually for the record, I have extensive experience with both the actives and standard Paradigm speakers, driven with a lot of different amps. While I'm not a huge fan of Paradigms per se, I can definitely say that the "actives" are a much better choice than ANY other Paradigm driven by ANY amp!!! the active speakers just have so much more drive, dynamics and cohesion than the non active counterparts! I think this has a lot to do with the fact that the amps are right on top of the drivers, giving that much more control and presence! No matter what amp you use on regular speakers, you must give up a bit going through a passive crossover network. Yes, there's a lot of very good amps floating around out there, but still you won't get the overall same good results as the similar speakers driven actively!!..just my experience. Of all my dealings with the entire Paradigm line, I can say, without a doubt, that the best ones were the active one's by far!!!