Aragon 4004mkII vs 8008BB

Hey, anyone compared these two amps? They are rated similarly, but i wondered if there was much improvement with the 8008BB. If anyone has any experience with both i'd like to hear it. Also if you have heard an amp at the same price point that beats it i'd be curious to hear about that as well.
thnks
Ag insider logo xs@2xkmorris
Agree the 4004mk II is getting old and was and still is preferred as the more musical amp by me over the 8008bb. I now have a totally updated 4004mkII. Aside from looking like new inside, it has taken first chair and made it easy for me to sell my entire amp collection from Marantz, Peachtree, EVS, Virtue Audio, bel canto to big MF, Krell, MAC2200, Belles and Cary. All gone with zero regrets. Can't get over how dead silent this beast is! Huge and deep stage and solid images even in the back. They are simple and muscular amps by design and they sound it. This one barely gets warm. Updated version is not slow and remarkably nuanced for a beast. Detailed and transparent but not wispy, light and airy here. Images are well located and have weight. Definitely a key part of recreating a credible (neither diminutive nor exaggerated) musical presence.  
Post removed 
We all share in your enthusiasm and enjoyment Prpixel. But dont forget that is just an opinion. As Bigtee was not able to warm up to the 8008 it might surprise you to learn that the founder of aragon still chooses his 4004mk II in his 2 channel system over the 8008. So opinions do vary.
Post removed 
There was a lot of "In press" discussion on these two. I really don't think in absolute terms the 8008 series is "Better" than the older 4004 mkII. Both amps are similiarly constructed and it is in the highs where the 8008 is said to differ. Some reviewers thought it wasn't as good, others as good. I always liked the 4004 mkII with Vandersteens but never thought it sounded as good as the similiar McCormack amps (especially the DNA .5)
The 4004 series has some age on them now. It would probably be a close call between them at this point even though I never warmed up to the 8008.