AR 150.2 noise

I have a "buzzing" coming from both channels whose pitch is B2 (the B one octave below Middle C). It is present when everything is up and running, as well as when only the amp and speakers are connected. All equipment is running through a PS Audio Quintet which is plugged into a dedicated line. I plugged the amp into a separate ac outlet on a different line with the same results. Swapped power cables, ran a cheater adapter and also used a PS Audio power cable with the ground pin removed - no real noticeable change.

I think I know the answer to this question, but is this buzzing normal for a digital amp? It seems I can hear it constantly, and from a few feet away. Is it in need of a trip to Minnesota? Thanks for any help.
wooguy1

Showing 2 responses by wooguy1

Thanks for your help. I am going to try one more experiment - I'll take the amp to my neighbor's house and hook up my speakers to see if the buzz is still there. If so, off to MN.

I still don't totally trust the a/c in my home. It's an old place with mostly updated wiring. The circuit for my audio equipment, however, is a dedicated circuit. I just hope there is not enough noise in the wiring to cause interfernce in this dedicated circuit.
Eee3:

I can't honestly say the amp was doing this when I bought it, but I do know now that I am really noticing it. Since then I have upgraded other components and changed speaker cable, so maybe this combination of things has allowed the buzzing to be more easily heard. There seem to be times when I can hear it from my couch, which is about 6 feet away. However, I don't know if it is really that loud, or I just know it's there and therefore it seems that loud.

Thank you both for your input.