AR 100.2 or Aragon 8008BB?

The local dealer's got a 6 month old mint AR 100.2 for about the same price ($2,600) as a new Aragon 8008BB. I've got a pair of B&W 640i's and listen mostly to acoustic jazz in a large (20 x 30), open room with 10' ceilings. Two Paradigm PS1200 subs handle the low end. Every now and again, I enjoy cranking up some Rock and Reggae. Also, much of the time it'll be added to an existing 5 ch. Adcom in an HT set up with an Acurus ACT3. Any suggestions???
herbl4

Showing 2 responses by gmele

I will have to agree with Slowhand. At this point and time it is good circut design that makes the difference, not solid state vs tubes, it is the year 2001 not 1978.For gods sakes listen to the designs of Jeff Rowland and Charlie Hansen! Both solid state both killer! This is only my opinion but in earlier posts I have mentioned that..."I never thought I would say this but you really owe it to your self to hear an Audio Research 100.2, depending on what your impedence match is between your amp and preamp the difference can be night and day. I had been useing an Audible Illusions M3A with my Ayre V3 and it never came to life. The Ayre is fairly low impendence wise. The 100.2 was a text book match with my AIM3A. The difference is better high and low end and dynamics in spades. I could never figure it out why reviewers never empraised the 100.2 although that should never be an issue when auditioning an amp. Do yourself a favor and go listen to one." Also read the other posts named "Audio Resarch Convert"
If you would like to see a desciption of my system go to: http://cgi.AudioAsylum.com/systems/1875.html
All the best-
Gary
I'm glad your likeing the 100.2. Instead of the Wadia 830 try and find an 850 and run it balanced into the 100.2. You should be able to find one around for low 2K. That is truly a match made in heaven. With the Wadia its better to go sans preamp. That's my 2 cents. Best-Gary