Appropriate quality interconnect between Oppo 203 and Denon AVR? Suggestions please!

I've always listened to my Oppo players via HDMI into my AV receivers, but a recent visit to an audio store has me looking for a set of analog ICs.  At this shop, the rep played me a comparison of the same CD via HDMI vs the analog outputs.  There was better clarity and immediacy, sound stage, and imaging via the analog outputs of the CD player vs the HDMI version.  This would be for two channel listening to CDs, SACDs, DVD-Audio discs.

So, I think I'd like to try out a set of interconnects for my Oppo 203 player and Denon AVR.  The question then is, considering that I'm not talking here about high end components, what price level and quality level of interconnects would seem appropriate?  It seems that the benefits of more exotic and expensive interconnects might be lost due to the quality level of the actual components that are in the Oppo and Denon. 

So, what level of ICs do you think would be reasonable for this application, and can you recommend any specific products?  What might be the point of "diminishing returns"?  I guess my budget would be up to a few hundred dollars.  Thanks! 
mtrot

Showing 4 responses by tomcarr

I'm very happy using Anticables ICs between my Oppo 103 and Krell s300i integrated. They cost about $300 or so.
I can promise you your best bang/buck is the $50 pair from Anticables.
  They are normally $100, on sale half off. They will be insanely good for your setup.
Just re-read my post. Sorry, I should not have said "I can promise you..."
I don't like absolute statements made by others, and should have simply given you the correct price of the ICs without including my opinion. As always, YMMV...