Apple TV Streaming Sound Quality vs Streamer?

I am looking for the weak link to improve sound quality.   Seems logical it is the Apple TV as a source.  Would a moderate streamer inside of $1500 make much of a difference when streaming Tidal and the like?  

Current Equipment:
Speaker: Dali Euphonia MS-4
AMP: Modwright KWA 150 SE
Preamp/ DAC: Peachtree Grand Integrated
Source: Tidal / Apple TV
puffbojie
I would get the Node 2 used. If you decide you want to upgrade you'll pretty much make your money back when you sell it. The next step up price wise if the Auralic Aries, but it is limited to Apple devices for remote control and from what I've read it only sounds better than the Node 2/2i if you splurge for the better power supply which significantly increases the price to ~4x that of a used Node 2.
Ok. Thank you all.

Jeenam55 - You mentioned Auralic Aries, it supports dsd up to 256. Good option. G1 is the latest version which supports 512. Thumb's up :) either one is better than ATV. 
My KD-2000 supports 64/128. Is there another component you know of that can be used to downgrade dsd 256/512 to 128?
No idea regarding DSD capabilities. I've never heard a single piece of music that was DSD encoded. I have a Job Integrated amp that can decode DSD128, but I do not have any DSD encoded music to give it a try.
Are there any streamers in which you have the option of plugging your iPhone or iPad (wired) into a usb plug and play?  If so, might this sound better than streaming wirelessly?
Steve from Empirical:

Does the Synchro-Mesh improve the optical out of most TVs, especially Sony?

Yes, customers of mine are using the Synchro-Mesh to reduce jitter from all different smart TV's as well as AppleTV.

Does the Synchro-Mesh improve the optical out of the Apple AirPort Express (sadly becoming legacy)?

Absolutely.

Do you know of a high quality AirPlay streamer (source only) that can take the place of, or improve upon, the AirPort Express?

I'm not aware, although there must be others.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio