Apple TV 1080P version and Marantz SA8004

Anyone hooking up an Apple TV through the tos link on the back of a Marantz SA8004 SACD player and using its DAC?

I want to stream music wirelessly on my network from my Mac to the Apple TV through the SA8004. Just wondering .........
philb7777

Showing 2 responses by philb7777

Thanks - just wondering if it would work and if anyone has done this with an AppleTV and SA8004 and the results they obtained.

Thanks for the feedback - I'm contemplating purchasing these and trying it out. I'm mostly into analog/vinyl, but want a simple CD/SACD/mp3/streaming set up.
Thanks for the input. I just had the SA8004 arrive today. As I've gone to almost straight analog, I recently sold my Wadia 270/27ix separates. I still wanted a player that would play both red book and SACD but I also wanted the ability to stream Internet radio and play mp3 files. Well, for the music lover not wanting video capabilities, and not want to spend a fortune on a digital fron end, the SA8004 is the ticket.

I currently have the Marantz SA8004 for CD and SACD. Then I'm using an Apple TV connected to the optical audio in of the SA8004. I bought a small LED TV (19inch Toshiba) for a convenient monitor.

Although not close to the sound of the Wadia, both CD and SACD on the Marantz isn't bad at all. The DAC for the mp3 files does a great job in the Marantz. Great product for $999. Highly impressed.