APPLE PHONES.......NO SERVICE

I have a new refurbished Apple phone that I have spent quit a bit of time trying to contact somebody at Apple to fix it....Its one month old......I have to wonder how a person can call a Apple person without spending the rest of there life trying to contact someone in the communication business.....I have tried e-mail, of course no body has a phone number, but if your phone doesn;t work , how would you call them anyhow......Maybe I should just sell it and get another brand that works.............What do you think ?? 
autospec
Post removed 
Sir:    They have to approve any return, and to that they have you do a dozen testes that I am not qualified to do......All I have a phone for is to call and receive calls.......I don't know much more than that......I have to use a speaker phone and that's the part that is hard to test, so untel someone approves a return I am stuck........Thanks
Post removed 
TVAD:  I can see your more than willing to help with this, which is a lot more than most....One of the problems I have with phones is my server is a small company that has specialized requirements for phones on there system .....I would normally get a old style flip phone , but they won't work on there system....That's how I got stuck with a "Smart" phone and the problems that this one has just makes it worst......But I also build amplifiers and I have run out of time with all this for the moment...So I will have to cool it for a couple days and get my other stuff caught up..........Again I do thank you for your help.........W