Apogee versus German Physics

Has anyone had a chance to hear GERMAN PHYSIKS speakers like the LORELEY, or the GAUDI. I would like to known if they sound similar or even better than a pair of FULL RANGE APOGEE tri-amplified with KRELL KRS200, wich is what I own. I am very eclectic in musical taste; I listen to anything as long as i think it is very good, from classical to rock'n'roll....
olive
this is addresed to sirspeedy.I have auditioned the loreleys in manhattan,the set up was extremly bad,primarily his cross over was set poorly ,poor amps,and like you said poor room.I know all of this because I purchased these speakers,and had the cross over adjusted for linearity and for my room.I am primarily classical music listener,with limited Jazz,this speaker can reproduce music with,imaging, speed ,clarity,and dynamics second to none.
If bi-polar speakers are harder to set up than foward firing speakers, I suspect that omni-directional speakers would be even harder to set up, not impossible, just more difficult. I can imagine that the efforts would be well rewarded.
I know you guys realize ribbon speakers are still going very strong. Infact, alot of dynamic speaker manufactures incorporate ribbons. Why? Light, airy, transparent sound. I challenge any dynamic speaker owner to put on Michael Hedges "Taproot" Or just about any female vocal (Trinity Sessions Cowboy Junkies). Then go to your buddies house who has ribbons, play the same music. You tell me what sounds more real? Oh, by the way. I have in my system now Joseph Audio RM 25 Speakers. There is a reason you almost never see these on the used market.
to unsound,omni speakers such as the german physics do not have sweet spots sound and imaging is good independent of location. Used to live for thirty years with different electro static speakers very placement dependent.The same apply to ribbon speakers or most front firing speakers.
Ramy that's what I expected, and part of what makes them so intriguing. My previous thoughts had to do with room considerations. I would imagine that room reflections might become more of an issue. Perhaps because the DDD driver handles all the frequencies, except for the bass, one may move it out further into the room without worry about driver integration at the listening position, to compensate for room reflections?