Anyway to use the DAC in an integrated cd player with an outboard transport?

I know it's usually the other way around; many cd players have inputs to allow an outboard DAC to be used with the cd player's transport but I have a great player in the Raysonic 228 and the shop said the transport is fine but the cdp sometimes won't play a disc to the end so what to do?  Also had a Consonance Droplet 5.0 that I was very fond of and replaced the optics only to have it develop issues with skipping ahead (it would hang up if you skipped ahead a few tracks or more).   Anyone know a way to make this happen---using the DAC in the cdp?
lcherepkai
I have never heard of anybody ever modifying a unit to add a digital input to a unit that didn't have one.  I guess anything can be done, but my guess is that it is not cost effective.  Maybe you can just live without hearing the last tracks on some of your CDs or time to buy a new player. On the upside, there are a lot of good $1000 dacs available now and pair them up with a CXC and you have a nice combo. 
chayro-----yeah, you're offering good advice and I appreciate it.  I've been kicking around the idea of picking up an Auralic Vega as I'm a detail junkie and never use preamps so....  still, the Raysonic is just lovely to listen to.  Oh well, thanks again to all who offered advice and their experience.
Post removed 
if the shop said the transport is fine, but it doesn't work properly, find another shop...
Only ji35 and I doubt the diagnosis.This is an easy thing to check. If your raysonic has digital input then connect it to an outboard transport of your choice. I will guess that it will play fine with the outboard transport. I really think you have to eliminate  the transport as the cause of your problem. Despite the opinion of the shop where you took the unit for repair.