Anyone using the Transistor Research LabsM 225's

On the grapevine I have heard that these amps are good enough to be the end of the line. Given their reasonable cost - that would be great news. Any comments?
128x128gammajo

Showing 8 responses by gammajo

I thank everyone so far for posting, It is my hope that folks will post that love the equipment and perhaps can comment on strengths/weakness and the associated equipment that has been synergistic. I would also appreciate hearing from anyone who auditioned or purchased and felt something else was better. I think there is enough buzz that the amps merit their own thread.

I am not comfortable with the idea of asking manufacturers for auditions unless I am quite certain that I will buy their stuff. Plus I often buy used, so I have relied for years of the opinions that I garner here with great success in terms of my satisfaction with what has been recommended. Once someone gives their opinion I am happy to look up their other posts and system to put their opinion in context and to email them to start a more in depth conversation.
Tvad
Thanks for checking the return option out. I also see your point about no dealer network. I live in the boonies so have never had the opportunity of in-home trails with exception on a kind VonSchweikert dealer who drove about three hours and set up my speakers with a 30 day guarantee. I kept them and he went out of business when VS went to on line sales.
Clio thanks for the offer of contact.
These particular particulars have two very different sides leading to two completely different conclusions about what transpired.
Fiddler
Could you provide a link reference to the Audio Circle thread in question? I search there and found only positive comments
Thanks
Joe
Fiddler - wow - that is an interesting thread, in a car accident kind of way. Thank you for sharing - it is good to hear all sides.
Grannyring - my own respect for you, and the high opinions of you many others I communicate with here have expressed to me will keep me interested in the Samson's. They are my next up to consider when the finances are right and they show up used. I just received some used Nuforce Reference 9 V2 SE's that were more in my current price range. On initial listening the SE's seem way cool with correct power cords and vibration control and I think will give me the pleasure of going through my whole music collection with a renewed grin on my face.
Tvad - yes I have communicated with them. They are a great bunch. They are helping with tweaks etc.
Grannyring and Ecruz if either of you ever hear the SE version of the Nuforce Reference 9V2 I would be very interested in a comparison to what you are hearing with the TRL products. I recently acquired the SE version and they sound quite musical to me, not cold or warm, more like neutral. Chris Martens, reviewer for Absolute Sound, for example, has followed the evolution of Nuforce and reports Dec 2008 that with the V2 SE, Nuforce finally reached a "high level of sweetness that is intimate focused and pure".
The nice things is that at 8 pounds, you can talk a friend into bringing the Nuforce's over! I wanted to hear the Pass XA 100.5's with my equipment after they sounded amazing at a friend's house but didn't have the heart to ask him to lug their 100+ lbs X 2 to my house.