Anyone using the JPLAY app ?

I first heard about the JPLAY app on a posting in this forum a couple months ago.

It's recently been released for iOS by the JCAT group.

Because of my equipment I had  only been able to use M-Connect to stream to my Ifi Zen Stream.  I was using Tidal Connect with the Ifi Zen but I've since cancelled my Tidal account. 

Qobuz has sounded terrific via the M-Connect app into my Zen Stream but the app itself is uninspired to say the least. 

I've been using JPLAY for the past month or so and, while there's been a few bugs, the developers are releasing rapid fire updates to accommodate issues that come up.  

Overall it's been such an upgrade in terms of user enjoyment over using M-Connect.  Yes there are some issues.  I've been experiencing track skipping on occasions, but I know the dev team is working on that.

I love how you can have both your Tidal and Qobuz account on the JPLAY app and the search function allows you to select which record from which service and which version to play.  Also the metadata and any liner notes available are more more accessible with JPLAY.  Lastly, it's a beautiful looking app.

The cost for the app is about $54.  

https://jplay.app

I hope they somehow figure out a way to include Idagio at some point.

Anyone else?

j_andrews

Hello @j_andrews .  Sadly I have no experience with JPLAY.  I am heavily into ROON,   But, I love everything I have tried or heard from JCAT.

I have Marcin's M12 Gold Switch and M12 Gold cables and love them.  Made a huge improvement over the Silent Angel Switch I replaced.  Then I got his Optimo 3 Duo power supply for the switch, and bam it got even better.  I also use their Net Isolators to couple my network cables.  

I bet the JPlAY Streamer sounds amazing!

I am thinking is using JPLAY on my Bricasti DAC to access Qobuz and not MConnect.  My DAC supports UPnP protocol so it should work (?).

Does anyone have any comments on JPLAY and using it with a DAC that supports the UPnP protocol?   As mentioned above, does JPLAY have many operational bugs or is the software working as expected?   Thanks....

Post removed 

Using JRiver for many years. It's also been updated many times over its long history. There are no "operational bugs", that's just crazy, JRiver does not release buggy software. Each release improves it even further.