Anyone Using Apple Music Classical?

And your impressions? Says it’s lossless.

128x128tuberist

No. For high quality sound Qobuz is number one and Tidal is number two. There are no others in the category.

For high quality sound Qobuz is number one ...

+1

... and Tidal is number two. There are no others in the category.

I am not so sure, @ghdprentice. Apple claims lossless audio of up to 24/192 and the interface looks excellent. The whole platform is really designed around classical music, which has always presented search and database challenges because the genre is not built around song/album/artist the way most popular music is.

Apple's biggest hurdle for audiophiles is going to be its app's connectivity. One possibility I see is that the app runs on Roku. I already take HDMI digital audio out from my Roku and into my DAC, so I may take a free trial sometime. But I'm just so pleased with all my sources now, including Qobuz, that I'm in no rush.

I’m able to stream “lossless” to my Anthem 70, but Atmos programs seem to revert to two channel and I can also use Airplay to stream to my Aurender N20. Will have to find some time to compare to Quboz, but I suspect internally integrated service will be superior.

Just listened to a familiar piece of music, Vengeance, by BiBi and Quboz was significantly better than Apple Music.  This is AirPlay compared to a device supported by Aurender’s Conductor. 

vonhelmholtz

... I can also use Airplay to stream to my Aurender ...

FYI, Airplay is limited to 16/44.1