Anyone try KT150 in Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP

I love my HP. I've had it over a year and have rolled KT120 into it from the EL34. I like both sets. But the EL is more "liquid". The sound is awesome. With the KT120s I like the added power and punch. But it can be a bit fatiguing. It's the midrange glare that I notice most. So I wonder if anyone has rolled KT 150s into it. Does it keep most of the niceness of the EL 34s?  Do the 150s have less of that midrange glare?  

What at are your thoughts if you've tried this?  Maybe Kevin Deal has an opinion?  
128x128soundermn

Showing 1 response by slmccaul

I don't post much at all here but wanted to express my opinion on the KT150 tubes I just purchased. Quite frankly, it's the best all around tube I have used yet in my PrimaLuna Prologue Premium integrated amp. Besides the stock tubes, which were OK to start with, I have tried EL34L's, KT77's and KT88's from JJ and thought they were decent tubes but all of them had something I didn't care for, mostly I didn't care for their tone in the upper frequencies. My favorites before the KT150's have been the SED Winged C EL34's and the Siemens RFT EL34's. Both of those are great tubes and I will be keeping them around for future use. Then I got curious to try the KT150's. Glad I did. They don't have quite as nice of mid-range as the previous 2 tubes but they are very well balanced from top to bottom and wow, the bottom end is fantastic. The treble can be slightly etched but just on recordings that sound that way with most any tube or amp. Overall I would recommend trying the KT150 without hesitation. Oh, I should mention that the input tubes I'm using are Telefunken and the driver tubes RCA Clear Tops, both of which I purchased from Brent Jesse, great guy to deal with. The PrimaLuna amp is the first one I have owned from this company and it's really a fantastic product. I can see myself moving up to a Dialogue someday. Speakers are GoldenEar Trition One's which are great too. I'm a very happy camper.