Anyone tried/owns Origin Live Enterprise tonearm?

This arm interests me. Unfortunately I have no way to borrow one and try at home, so hopefully someone can give some feedback on it?

Please describe your analog setup as well, and what you've used prior to the Enterprise. Or even more interesting could be if you've tried it and moved on, why and to what did you move? :)

I currently play on a Clearaudio Master Reference with the Unify 14" arm and a Goldfinger v1 cartridge, which connects to MBL's phono module for the 6010D preamp.
osgorth

Showing 3 responses by irg4gcg2002

Hi there,

I can tell you that I used to OWN various tonearms including the Linn Ekos MK.2 , an SME 5 , an Origin Live Illustrious and now (and I believe FINALLY!) an Origin Live Conqueror MK.3

I have heard many tonearms and variations/combinations... I have IN THE PAST, SPENT A GOOD DEAL OF MONEY...AND BEEN VERY DISAPPOINTED...

BUT NOT NOW; NOT ANY MORE...

The Enterprise is TRULY MARVELOUS! and with your turntable, I would say that EITHER the Conqueror or the Enterprise would be an excellent match...easily leaving Shroeder, DaVinci, Graham and Dynavector WAY BEHIND... BOTH IN SOUND and ALSO IN LOOKS and Beautifully simple looks and design...

Bunches of hinges and dials are NOT what is required to make music FLOW and SING!

The Clearaudio turntables, Particularly the M/Ref. are wonderfully accurate; the Origin Live arms capitalise on this and provide a completely realistic whole atmosphere to the music, which you should expect to hear from a live performance.

These arms both track so well with avariety of cartridges, give such a LOW to Nill noise floor (removing so many pops and crackles)...

In short, I have NEVER enjoyed music more... and...

I have NEVER heard better or more realistic... music that WILL flow into your soul without any effort at all

Best wishes in your search,

Ian
OOPS, Hi AGAIN,

I forgot to say,

I currently own (after many auditions of VERY Expensive turntables, tonearms and cartridges)

Origin Live Sovereign Mk.1 and Conqueror Mk.3

unlike some who comment, I am not a dealer and am not in any way biassed toward one product or another...at least I never used to be...

I got an excellent deal on my products...where are you based?

Regards, Ian
Hello Raul,

I'm sorry to have ruffled your feathers in this way, as no such 'absolute' statement was meant.

It is of course true when you say, there are several considerations to make when attempting to select or listen to tonearm / turntable / cartridge / phono stage combinations... the trouble is, this obviously extends to synnergy in individual systems including virtually ALL of the components.

My statement therefore was NOT meant as (although it may have sounded) 'absolute' as this is probably impossible to say...and of course, is the opinion of an individual.

My statement was in answer to a direct question about information... and was / is the enthusiastic feeling I have now that I have a sound that I feel is authentic and very good.

I know of several others who have decided upon either identical, or very similar tonearm and turntable combinations to myself, using similar and even exactly (as is possible to say of models) the same cartridge.

I have NOT tried every single combination of phono stage with every combination of other item...or I would never really get the chance to listen properly, or to enjoy the variety of music genres I do...

however, I have tried several tonearm and cartridge combinations and connected various phono stages over a long period of time (approximately 20 years).

The phono stages include several Trichord models (including Delphini and Diablo), Clearaudio Balance, Tom Evans Groove and Groove XS, Art Audio Vinyl Reference, CPT Acoustics, DACT, World Audio Design, ETC...

I do not recall the Schroeder tonearm model auditioned, but it was in excess of £3,000.00, so more expensive than the Conqueror, but less (I think) than the Enterprise.

Cartridges included (in no particular order), Koetsu, Rosewood Signature, Koetsu Onyx, Clearaudio Accurate, Dynavector XX1 L, Denon models, Ortofon Jubilee, VDH Colibri, etc...

I feel that I now have a very enjoyable and realistic sound, without having to own a turntable which is exceedingly heavy, labor intensive in setup and utterly demanding of space.

It looks and sounds great without taking over the house!

I am certainly enjoying the music (though not as often as I would like), as I'm sure you are with your Schroeder and turntable / cartridge / phono stage combination...

and that after all, is what we are all after...isn't it?

Regards, Ian