Anyone talked to Dean from PSE?

Has anyone got a hold of Dean from PSE? I sent a set of Studio MK V amps in for repair over a year ago. I spoke to him quite a few times and he always told me he was just getting to them. Now over the last two months I have not been able to get a hold of him. His phone number was disconnected and sent to a new number. I get his answering machine every time I call. I leave messages every time but he has not got back to me. Did he go out of business?
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal
spoke to dean today (9/30/05).

in speaking with him (wont go into to much detail), this has been a trying year with trying circumstances(family, new house, and real life situations that can suck the life out of a ya ) and unfortunatly this have happened...

the good news is he is still around and good health and family intact ( remember john (forgot the last name) from eagle who disappeared in the 80's/90's??? without a trace)... in speaking with him he is getting pse projects done (slowly but surely) and is embarsassed about what happened..

he will get caught up ( and i apologize on his behalf)... the real question is how long and will some of designs make it market under different situation/mfg. ( unique phono stage and a couple others). i hope dean deceides to start up again... he makes great gear at a more than reasonable price and his new stuff is really, really unique..

when you do contact him by phone.. would suggest keeping your cool and not losing it ( chances are your turn around might be quicker...

hope that helps.
I think an important thing in business or any relationship is communication (as outlined in Audiogon's policies for eg.) A quick call or E-mail to say 'I haven't left the country', or 'don't worry you will see your amps again someday' would help a lot. I have been very polite in my calls.
I've been in the situation of being behind in my work, or not being there when a customer wanted me there and you have no idea how angry and vengefull and spitefull the reactions have been.
Music has been one of the few enjoyments I have, but I just can't seem to listen to my lopsided system much these days. So I will remain calm, keep checking with my neighbour to see if he wants his amp back, and wait.
Good news! I finally received my Studio V amps. Dean did the upgrade and repairs at no charge, but it took 21 months and a lot of polite harrassment on my part. The amps sound better than ever, and I am grateful to have them back. If you ever need repairs on PSE equipment, try a local shop first - which is what I did but the guy said he wouldn't work on them - too many unknowns &/or too difficult.
May I suggest to dump this POS amp and buy something else - before it breaks down again and you'd have to wait another 21 months?
It's not right for any vendor of anything to provide the service that apparently this man has been doing. There is no excuse, ever, for bad service. If you cann't support your products, do not go into business in the first place. There are way too many "shoestring" companies that have come and gone, leaving the consumer with equipment that no one wants because of its abandoned status. The best designed, best sounding equipment in the world is worth nothing if it doesn't work and no one can make it work.