Anyone owns the mbl 116?

Hi folks :)

I'd like to hear from people who own or have demo'd the mbl 116 speaker in their homes.. What is your experience with this speaker? What electronics did you use? Please also describe your room setup and dimensions if possible.

I have listened to the full Noble Line setup at my dealer rather extensively and I like it a whole lot.

I'm strongly considering buying the mbl 116 and a complete mbl electronics setup (6010D pre-amp, 8011AM or 9007 amps, 15xx or 16xx CD+DAC). In case you are wondering why I'm looking at the 116 and not the 101E: it's because of a limited room size (13' x 18' x 8'). I think this is too small for the 101E, unfortunately, but I know that the 116 works well in small to medium size rooms.

Any insights you may be able to give me would be greatly appreciated.
osgorth

Showing 1 response by stereo_phile

Hey Simonw, I had MBL111E speakers with Kubala Sosna speaker cables running on MBL9007 amplifiers but Tara Labs The One clearly to my ears sounded much better. Kubala Sosna was too laid back and polite where as Tara Labs The One opened up the sound, became more dynamic and life like. I now have replaced MBL11E speakers with Dynaudio Evidence Temptation which I hear string section more than MBL11E which to me sounded bit muddled. I still have MBL111RC for home theater center channel and MBL121 as rear surround speakers. MBL111RC has a much clearer sound in the same mids and highs because they use the same selected drivers as the MBL101E speakers which in restrospect I should have dished out more money to get.