Anyone own the King Sound "King" speaker that can

give me some feedback. How do you like them? How do they compare to SoundLAB's newest PX series?

Do they have enough body and texture - "meat on the bones".
I am most interested in this speaker and look forward to your comments.

I have 300 watt monoblock amps so power is not an issue. My room is 24 x 18 and they will be 6-7 feet out from the wall behind them.
128x128grannyring
Kiwi

Your conclusions are much different than the general tone of this thread.

BTW, the Dire Straits track you mentioned is "Private Investigations".....

Shakey
Greetings Readers of this thread, I am the King Dealer for Colorado and those mostly uninhabited parts of the US like Wyoming, New Mexico and the Dakotas. The Review by Mr. Ede (kiwi) is really interesting. No one can argue at least not successfully about another persons experiences.

Any talented knowledgeable reviewer knows with certainty that bass response is room dependent and while Dipoles are are far less room dependent than other designs they are still room dependent and placement in the room critically affects frequencies that add and cancel. There is lots of material about this on the web for any that care to learn more.

I can say that in the 3 Rooms at CES in which I heard the speakers, My listening room and my customer's room who is auditioning the Kings now, Bass response is delightful. Both my listening room which has 23 foot ceilings and my customers room which has more normal height ceilings open into the rest of the first floor and in my house second floor as well. We have no complaints about the bass response and we find the Kings frequency response to be very smooth and natural in our rooms. Regardless the speakers paint an extraordinary picture of scale and detail. Plus the image is very stable as you move your head around or move around the room but most importantly these speakers sound like real music being played by real musicians which is not the case for most speakers.

Performance Devices is the importer and in their 18 months of importing the King line they have only had one customer with a problem. They are replacing the damaged speaker for this customer. Performance Devices keeps a stock of tweeter and bass panels for warranty replacements.

I want to assure any potential owners that it is your Dealer and Performance Devices that will determine your level of satisfaction with the Kings in terms of customer care.
I know that Roger at Performance Devices and myself are dedicated to delighting customers.

It may be that in middle earth there are things that go on that won't happen here.
Say what you want about kiwi's opinion, but man, that's one well-written, detailed and informative review.
Kiwi's comments are welcome here and I am wanting to hear all experiences with this speaker. I can't tell Kiwi his experience is not accurate or "right". That is his experience.

I can say mine was different. They did sound very good and that was a plan fact for me and all in the room. It seems Kiwi's set of speakers had damage issues and I think that had great impact on the review.
Forums are about sharing experiences and i don't mind that others findings differ from my own and editorial improvement is equally welcome thanks Shakeydeal. Grannyring, I should clarify that the speakers i received were brand new and without visible defect at time of delivery. Six months later and after lots of moving around the room to find best positioning for bass and other considerations the lose screws were noticed and re-tightened. The 'mishandling' referenced by the manufacturer took place on the return shipment back to Hong Kong.

By way of last comment on the topic let me say that Kings Audio has put a lot of effort into R&D to improve the electrical and mechanical design of its ESL products. Kings more recent efforts like the Prince II (which is presently with me) is far superior in its mechanical design. With the King II the manufacturer claims that it has improved the reliability issues of its earlier design. My thoughts on King Audios more recent efforts will hopefully be completed soon.