Anyone own Nordost TYR or ODIN?

I have a set of Nordost Blue Heaven and a set of Heimdall IC's that I'm selling on the bay and thinking of replacing them with either the TYR or maybe Odins.. both are 1M and sound about the same to me, so I'm wondering if the TYR would be enough of a move. All my power cords are Blue Heaven running from a dedicated line to a QB4 distribution box. Thanks in advance.
polk432

Showing 6 responses by bo1972

I see you like tubes. I guess you can make a deep and wide stage. The stuff you use it not know in europe. I did test the Brahma powercables. The difference between the Valhalla and the Brahma is big. The Brahma you could use for a source maybe preamp, but for poweramp there are many better option's. The Brahma missing drive in the lowest freq. That is not the only problem. You will loose also difinition in these low freq. The sounds difference compared to Valhalla is big. Valhalla had more authority and sound more real. I have done many tests with not only Nordost also other brands. Most people focus on one brand. In the past I always got a loudspeakercable, interconnects and powercables of the same brand to test. You test these cables. I always tried to use different cables like a interconnect or powercable. To be honest I always got better results wenn you use more different brands. I can tell you why. All brands have there properties. By using different brands you can add more different properties. This makes you influence the overwhole sound more. I do not say it will be better always. It still depends about using the right brands and properties. Wenn you go up in the Nordost tree you become more authority, more drive, more air, better focus and a more realistic sound. But.....yes there is a big but! You find the same properties all the time. Wenn you had the possibility like me to test many stuff for a long period of time. Sound becomes more easy to understand. You hear the differences more easy and you know all the special parts you heard. You collect all the nice things you hear. Because I am a perfectionist I WANT EVERYTHING!! You know the great things of brands but also there limitation's. Perfect does not exist. By using more different properties you can get to a higher level. Wenn I would only have Nordost in my system I always will miss essential parts in my system. I have done so many tests that I am 100% sure about this. I did not do most of these tests alone. Depth is one of the most stunning parts in Highend audio. It makes me walk around the recording during listening. By only disconnecting Nordost interconnects and using other brands I was very easy to make the stage deeper and wider. All the people at these tests did hear the same. There is one very important part what is missing as well. I call this individual focus. A voice and instrument needs be small in
dimension and easily to point out were it is during listening. By changing from Nordost interconnect to other brands it was easy to get a better individual focus. Many clients complaint about losing invlovement in the overwhole sound by using Nordost. This is why the change there cables to get a more pleasant sound. Nordost first talks about synergy. Synergy my ass. You hear the sound of your electronics. The same stuppid story as the synergy bullshit story. To get an extreme wide and deep stage with a individual focus sharp as a knife with lots of black and a sound to die for. You will not get with one brand. You need more brands and properties to get this. This is what audio makes it as it best. It is like making art with the best properties to get the ultimate sound. It is like a puzzle, but mann I love this. This is why I do this for making a living!
Wenn it costs 4 times as much it never will be 4 times better. For better you have to pay a lot wenn you get to a higher level in audio. I think this is with most of toys for boys!
You always need to know the properties of your electronics to give a good advice in cables. Nordost is not a brand what will work with all different brands. I had a client with Krell and Sonus Faber Amati. Valhalla did not work with Krell and Amati.
I sold my Valhalla after 12 years of use a few weeks ago. This weekend I tested a Audioquest Redwood. I just orderd it today. The biggest difference is that it is more compleet. It has more different talents what makes it all a lot better compared to Valhalla. I sold a lot of Valhalla and did many many tests with bit. The Redwood has more drive in the low freq. But it is a lot faster. I never heard a bassdrum this quick and short. It did remind me in how it sounds in real. Focus is superior to Valhalla. In depth and in wide it is better because this is the weakest point of Nordost in general. Al my tests had this outcome. Sound of instruments are more textured and more musical. I think Valhalla needs an update after 12 years. it is still a good cable, but these days there are better ones. Time goes on, so does technique.
No, I am very busy for a audioshow. I will do a lot of presentation work. Audyssey Pro demo and a lot mote. Did you read my Test of the Purist Audio LE Powercable?
In about 3-4 weeks I will write a review of the Audioquest Redwood. It really blowed away everything. It is more complete than Valhalla, but it add's a few stunning talents Valhalla does not own. I will use these cables for my presentations. I also will use the Purist Audio LE powercables.