Anyone own 200iq and prefer kt150 over kt88

Hi,

There was discussion years back but interested if current 200iq amp owners prefer kt88 or tungsol kt150.

I know Kevin prefers kt88 and so far agree that the kt88 just sound more musical on my stereo 200iq....

On a different topic those who play vinyl are you using tube or solid state.phono....again I prefer to keep it solid state heatwise but curious for those not runnin tube phono what are you using
128x128karmapolice

Showing 1 response by rcprince

Can't help on the first question, I just use KT88s in my Phi 200 and am happy with them so I'm not trying any other output tubes (you could try getting some different input tubes, I like NOS RCAs for their richness, but you could get NOS Sylvanias for a leaner sound). 

On your second question, I have both a tubed phono stage (in my Shindo preamp) and a solid state phono stage (a prototype of the current Merrill Audio Jens phono stage made for me by its designer).  The Shindo is very quiet and very good in all respects, but the solid state unit is dead quiet, a bit more dynamic, has more loading options and seems to make instruments and voices come alive.  I could happily live with either, but I generally use the solid state, though, as it is (IMHO) an extraordinary unit..