Anyone listened to ML Vantage?

Hello,

I have heard very positively of ML Summits, but that is beyong my reach! Wondering if anyone had an encounter with the new Vantage, which is the smaller sibling of the Summit?

ML sent be the brochure and the specs of Vantage and they look good except for the 8" diameter woofer. Ascent, which is being replaced by Vantage had a 10" woofer, so I am wondering if that is a compromise. (However the Vantage has the Aluminium cone woofer, which ML claims is up to the task)

PS: If anyone needs the specs please PM me and I shall email. It appears that the ML website is not yet updated with Vantage.

Cheers,
amal

Showing 1 response by output555

I own a pair of the Vantages and love them. Moved up from a pair of Ascent i's and can definitely hear an improvement. It's amazing how such a relatively small speaker can project such a wide soundstage. These speakers go way deep. Considerably more so than than the Ascents. More transparent, too. I've not heard the Summits, but it's hard to imagine how they could sound 2x better, relative to their cost.