Anyone listen to the new Accuphase DP-77 CD Player

also plays SACD's to boot. While this model is very new, a few have supposedly made it into the states already.
dolphin

Showing 2 responses by paulho3543

Originally I have planned to buy the DP55v so I compare the DP77 with the DP55v in audio stores in HK, and find that the DP77 is definitely in another class which is much much better than the 55v in every aspect, depth,sound stage,tonic quality,etc., the most impressive is that the image of the 77 is much more focussed for every instrument in some orchestral works, you can immediately tell the difference, absolutely no contest. But for the comparison between 77 and 85, the difference is much more subtle so I choose the 77 finally although 85 is only 1500US dollars higher than the 77 in my country - Hong Kong. (The comparison I made above is based on CD)
The price here for the 85 is only about 1.3 times of the 77 and I don't know why the price is 16k and 8k respectively in your country.
Originally I have planned to buy the DP55v so I compare the DP77 with the DP55v in audio stores in HK, and find that the DP77 is definitely in another class which is much much better than the 55v in every aspect, depth,sound stage,tonic quality,etc., the most impressive is that the image of the 77 is much more focussed for every instrument in some orchestral works, you can immediately tell the difference, absolutely no contest. But for the comparison between 77 and 85, the difference is much more subtle so I choose the 77 finally although 85 is only 1500US dollars higher than the 77 in my country - Hong Kong. (The comparison I made above is based on CD)
The price here for the 85 is only about 1.3 times of the 77 so I don't why the diffence is 16k and 8k in your country respectively.