Anyone listen to the Bel Canto e.One S300i amp???

I need to get an integrated amp for my family room/ kitchen setup. I need a good amp to drive Monitor Audio Gold Signature 10's. The main criteria for this amp is that it can not be any deeper than 13" deep, it has to fit inside a built in cabinet that's next to a fireplace. Currently I'm using an old Nakamichi TA4a receiver.. I'd like to get something better.. Rest of the system is a Bel Canto Dac 1, Squeezebox 3, Anti Cable speaker wire, Transparent ML Super, Sterovox digital cable.. I'm hoping someone has listened to the new Bel Canto S300i, I don't want a bright amp. Thoughts anyone???
erikminer

Showing 1 response by dezyrae

Just to chip in on the S300. This little amp uses the standard Icepower 200ASC modules which is a cheap version of the hegher end 250ASP model. In the ICEpower spec, the ASC modules are for "mass market" applications for car audio & subwoofers.

Comparing this amp with the likes of Rotel RMB1077, the Rotel uses 2x250ASP for front channels and 5x250A modules for the other 5 channels, the Rotel is clearly a more superior product base on price performance. Even if you do not need 7 channels, the amp can be used to bi-amp the speakers ie using the front for the HF and the surround for the LF since the 250A modules are design specifically for HT sub woofer application. If you also look carefully at the Rotel amp design, I believe it is highly customised version of the ICEpower modules bec they have eliminated the grounding to lower noise floor which Class D amps typically suffers from.

Bottomline is, if you like the Bel Canto, you owe yourself an audition of the new Rotel class D. You get more technology and sound (IMHO) than you pay for.

Cheers