Anyone listen to entire albums?

I assume the answer is yes since many of you run vinyl rigs, but just wondering how many around here listen to entire albums at a sitting?  In the age of instant gratification and playlists I seem to be, recently, gravitating to listening through entire albums.  I don’t have vinyl and only stream or play from a network drive so it’s easy for me to bounce around from song to song, artist to artist.  Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing but I enjoy hearing a record in it’s entirely the way the artist recorded it.  I’ve flirted with the idea of vinyl for the very reason that it seems to be a format that lends itself to listening through an entire album in one sitting.  I seem to be less inclined to make that move though now that I’ve been doing the album thing via streaming. 


I stream nearly exclusively and nearly always listen to the whole albums. My system is very musical and I am often lured into albums I would not have listened to in earlier iterations of my system when it was analytical sounding. I found, at least for me, “channel surfing” with my system was due to a problem with my system.. too analytical, not a problem with the music or my attention span.

+1 @bwguy 

It's about 50-50 for me. Certain albums don't go on a playlist because they need to be listened to as a whole. But having my personal radio station (playlist over 2000 songs) is great when I don't know what I want to hear. Fortunately I have 67 years of favorites.

Probably 95% of the time I listen to both sides of an album. The other 5% I realize I’m really not in the mood for side 1, much less side 2.  I only have 1 “modern” reissue, out of 5,000+ vinyl albums. It’s Fleetwood Mac’s Greatest hits that I bought at Walmart 3 years ago. It’s a poor reissue. Noisy, low recording volume, thin sounding. I found an original, sealed mint copy. Worlds apart in quality!



I work for home so I listen to entire 3746612774840009844737772222947474799000000 albums