Anyone know WMA?

Anyone know anything about WMA format? I've been looking for a lossless compression scheme that supports tagging--does it do that? Is there a way to take WAV files ripped using EAC and convert them to WMA? What kind of compression ratio can you get?

(I'm thinking of switching from my current mp3/audiotron scheme for remote music to the Roku.)
edesilva
Well that explains some things. One copy--the one that used to be .alac--was being created by EAC and I suspect the other--the .m4a--was being created by iTunes. Is "copy file to iTunes directory checked" in iTunes > Preferences > Advanced?

EAC has its own directory to write too... Check EAC > EAC Options there is a "Directories" tab--the directory shown is where EAC puts things. Not sure what would happen if you made it the same directory as iT...
Eric, again, thanks. You must think I am retarded!

No, the "copy files to iTunes directory" option is not checked. However, still it's creating the files twice.

I think I know why. Under EAC Options, I have the following naming scheme: %I\%A\%C\%N-%T (which neatly organizes EAC files for Genre\Artist and so on.

However, what EAC does is it creates the .m4a file in that folder following the naming scheme AND in the folder designated in iTunes. If I delete one, I can still play the other one.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Josep
Eric, I finally figured it out! After two weeks...

I unchecked in EAC the option "Use CD Text information in CUE Sheet" under EAC Options/Tools. Also unchecked "Create m3u playlist on extraction.

These were creating a duplicate of files. Now, it works flawlessly as you said.

BTW, I got the two 16 ft USB extendors. I connected two to reach to my DAC. I did AB comparisons and it sounds way better without the extendors. I feel Gordon was right but building a long interconnect is going to be pretty overwhelming. I've been recommended to use silk insulated solid silver wire; and that's so expensive (reaching to 30 ft)

Also, I've been suffering the Kmixer problem. How do you avoid kmixer with iTunes/ALAC and USB DAC?