Anyone here using vintage speakers?

I am mostly a lurker and reader here and see very little conversation about vintage speakers (pre 1985). I have owned Altec 604's for about a year now and love the hell out of them. Just wondered if there are other vintage users in this crowd?
wwwrecords
Vintage? You bet!! I started using vintage speakers when first infected with this hobby because it was all I could afford. I've now spent more on upgrading vintage monitors than I would have spent on a "great" modern speaker but I bet you can guess which gets my hair to stand up! ;-)

Vintage monitors (good ones like Altecs) compete with the best current offerings and when carefully tweaked they simply BLOW AWAY most of the best current offerings. The only downside is a loss of imaging. They can image, but they don't make you duck and hide from overhead sources like some speakers can do.

It's really about the drivers. I have had great luck with vintage Altecs and JBLs placed into upgraded cabinets (thick MDF with better fill, bracing, and joinery) while keeping with the same internal dimensions (volume) of the originals. Put some sort of anti-vibration adhesive coverings on metal horns, update all cones and diaphragms with OEM factory originals (where available), put modern terminals and wiring in the enclosures and stand back.

There is nothing like a great modern day tube amp pairied with a vintage Altec two way monitor.
Acoustat 1+1 from the mid-late 80's with Medallion transformers.
Still sounds great!
i dont have any speakers that arent vintage;

Teledyne AR-9
Teledyne AR-91
ADS L-810
ADS L-710
Large Advent Utility
Wharfedale W60-D
I've been using a pair of Wharfdale WS/2's (mfr~1963) for some time now in our living room with respectable electronics (meridian cd player, "vintage" Carver amp) and friends are blown away by how life-like they sound. I enjoy what they do with vocalists, acoustic and small venue jazz. My dad was the original owner and had a stereo store in the '60s. I'll always keep them for sentimental reasons, and though I plan to use something else in my dedicated room (Verity/Totem/Joseph/Revel??) I'll never tire of the expression on faces of those hearing something really good for the first time. I imagine that's part of the reason dad enjoyed demo-ing this stuff 40 years ago!
Tannoy Westminster HW. Fantastic! And HUGE. Just added a non-vintage component - Tannoy supertweeters ST200 designed especially for Westminsters and the rest of the Prestigge line. Now it's absolutely fantastic!