Anyone herad the Audio Physic Avanti 111's?

Anyone heard the Avanti 111's. Are they really as good as the press seems to think? Do they need a big room?
128x128daveyf

Showing 2 responses by gregm

Hi. These are the III (i.e.3)? If so, yes, repeatedly. I like the sound and consider them world-class speakers. (Haven't read the reviews, though.) BUT, what exactly would you like to know?
Room sizes varied, but they were OK in a smallish (c. 200ft sq) room, better in larger surroundings. Good for nearfield listening.

You may find some answers in previous threads. Try the search function & type in Avanti...

Cheers!
The Avanti are generally better (bass included) than the Virgos -- but need big (current) amplification to get the best out of them. Especially in the mid-bass (to MY ears, ofcourse -- yrs may differ). So, you may be looking at extra investment...

I used to have the previous model (a tad more difficult to drive than the III) and tried the following amps: Symphonic Line RG7, Pathos monos, Symphonic Line Kraft 250A, Krell 80. Best sound, by far, with the Kraft. Also highest price, by far. Great sound from the other machines, I settled for the RG7 -- but that's personal. BTW, I listen to classical.

Good luck!