Anyone heard the Von Schweikert Unifield 3?

Anyone heard the Unifield 3 in their home system? At a dealer? I would like to hear some comments.

Blessings, Bob
inhisservice

Showing 1 response by jackd220

Have a pair of Unifield 3s burning in now set up with an Accuphase DP-78, Lamm LL2 and Lamm ML1.1s. Room is roughly 24 sq/m speakers 5.5 feet from the rear wall 4 ft from the side walls. Electronics on CMS PXK filters and supports. Cabling is all Townshend Isolda DCT.

Frankly performance is unbelievable for their size and commensurate of their price. I have VR-9s set up in a larger room 20 paces away and I must say that as Arun says as far as transparency and retrieval goes these little devils deliver the goods. I will be keeping these (read: my wife will not allow me to sell them anyway as she absolutely adores them)

As for the bass, tight tuneful sufficiently extended to handle even organ music. Gaia, Track 4 from James Taylor's Hourglass SACD has a floor tom strike about four minutes in that shook the couch without any distress from either the speaker or from the 90wpc Lamm tube amp.

No they aren't VR-9s but if one's personal requirements are full range sound but has limited space these should be on the audition list. 15k is a lot of money to be plunked down based on reviews or a store audition alone.

I'm not expecting anybody here to take a stranger's word for anything especially a dealer's, which I am. However before I get hit by the conspiracy theorists do know that I have nothing to gain financially from posting here as I am half a world away.

I just wonder why keeping minds open seem so difficult for some folks. Try, listen, buy or send back. Life goes on. Isn't it that simple over there? All the sniping I read here implies otherwise.