Anyone heard the Onkyo sp 1000 yet?

I am looking for a universal player to match my Von Schweikert vr4 jr's and Cary cinema 5 amp. I am using a complete Von Schweikert system with 2 subs. I heard the onkyo was excellent. Any opinions or other suggestions?
rotabel

Showing 1 response by macdadtexas

OK, I have seldom been so entertained by an internet message board. Kudos to some of your well written, and thought out, yet subtle to blantantly hostile posts. Wow, it's obvious to me that most Audiophile's went to college and paid close attention in English classes. But I digress....

OK, I own the Onkyo and love it. I almost bought Daltonlanny's I think, but got another a little later. I test drove a bunch of machines before I bought; McCormack, Denon 3910, Marantz dv9500 but not the Linn. That said, in all honesty having heard the Linn in a system simlar to mine, it is a much, much better machine. Is it 5 to 6 times better? That's subjective, but sonically, it is the best that I have heard in digital playback. I can't say if the video is a good as the other universal players, specifically the Onkyo and Marantz but who really cares?

If you guys decide to go after each other again I would appreciate someone sending me a heads up so that I can get a little voyeuristic enjoyment out of it.

PS - AudioGirl, great system. I miss my Maggies :(.