Anyone heard the new Cary SA-500.1 Monoblocks?

Stereophile from CES 2011 said,
The SA-500.1 sounded warm, open, coherent and dynamic playing high-resolution files courtesy of David Chesky and HDTracks.
Cary's white paper indicates the 500.1's maintain the "Cary Sound" (similar characteristics to their tubed designs) with a host of design improvements "over our previous efforts" (the 500MB?) including substantial power supply improvements; current-handling capacity; improved bass performance; reduced noise floor; improved imaging, staging, depth, and dimensionality; a more "lifelike and palpable" midrange; and improved transparancy. One specific change is apparently eliminating the former large capacitors (that "suffer from problems including (ESR) Equivalent Series Resistance), using multiple smaller capacitors (like McCormack DNA?) and "adding bypass capacitors at the output devices." The amps also apparently feature improved reliability and a "modular design" that would allow easy field repairs.

These are apparently a significantly different (better?) amp from the former model 500MB monos that I owned and enjoyed.

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has actually heard and seen them.
mitch2

Showing 1 response by slanski62

I'm on my second week with a pair that replaced a Bryston 14BSST2. I find that they have noticeably better bass control, bass detail and significantly greater dynamics.

My system:

Apple Mac > W4S Dac2 and VPI Classic with DV 20XL2>Sutherland 20/20
BAT VK52SE
Cary SA-500.1 monos
Selah Audio Visionario speakers
Transparent Super cables