Anyone heard the new ARC LS28 SE?

In looking at getting a new preamp. I need balanced outputs for new amps. Has anyone heard the new ls28 se? Wondering how it compares to reference 6 or even the 40th anniversary preamp.
andrewnearman

In order to appreciate the differences between Ref and LS series the associated equipment must be sufficiently resolving and the match between the amp and preamp (impedance among others) favorable. The LS series are designed similarly to Ref series but there are major differences in soundstage, detail, and resolution by design intent at ARC. It is somewhat conventional wisdom that the latest LS outperforms the previous REF, but listening does not always confirm this depending on overall system components, Don’t compare a used Ref series with a new LS series to ascertain value. Compared used to used to better approach value and desirability. 

I've owned the LS28, 28SE, Ref 6 and Ref 6SE.  The SE versions are significantly better than the non-SE counterparts.

To me, the LS pres do almost everything the Ref ones do, but the Ref preamps are much better with scale and perspective i.e. not only are instruments placed correctly, but they sound appropriately sized.  The LS pres are more homogenous, presenting a viola and a cello as similarly sized instruments.

I also find the Refs sound more relaxed and effortless.  The soundstage is larger with the Ref preamps, too.

There is the slightest hint of harshness in the LS28s.  I would probably never have noticed if I hadn't stepped into the Ref line.

Forgot to add:

Choosing between a 28SE and a Ref 6 is not an easy choice.  I don't know what I would do between those two.

Listening to the LS28se right now in my own system on demo. It's very good, truthful, transparent, somewhat textured, tighter bass with tilt more towards the upper to mid frequencies, but not bright or harsh. Possibly walking the line of dry to a slim degree, with a decent width of soundstage, depth isn't great but not worse than any other solid state pre I've heard. 

Overall great pre, with tight bass that really let's you hear the character of your amp and source. 

Post removed