Anyone heard the Lindemann USB DAC 24/192?

Looks interesting:
Digital inputs USB-B / TOSLINK / COAX
Supported sample-rates TOS/COAX 32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
Supported sample-rates USB 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
Resolution 16 or 24 bit
Priced around $1k

Apodizing filters. Not clear if USB is synch or asynch. USB Class 2. "Highly effective, active Jitter Reduction".

Anybody able to try it and compare to other DACs such as Wyred DAC2 or QB-9?

Looks like a very nice package of features, to me. Never heard a Lindemann unit, though.

Thanks!
Horacio
lewinskih01
Mmmm. Was hoping for more feedback.

Magnumpi: could you elaborate on the differences and why you prefered the Wyred? Is it a DAC2? That one is high on my list. Also, did you try them with a computer thru USB, or CD player thru coax, or other?

Thank you!
I'd love to hear more as well. I'm debating between the Lindemann and the W4S. Thanks!
I have heard the most recent version, which utilizes the XMOS chipset. Now it is fully compatible with not only Mac users, but PC users running either 32/64 bit OS as well.

The sound is neutral and tonally spot on. I've heard its performance with an TOS, coax as well as USB cable. USB cables are not created equal and should be chosen carefully. The sound stage is more than decent and wide, but not huge. Musical content and dynamics were presented well.....nothing "digital" about its performance.

This unit was connected to a Macbook Pro using Pure Music (which I would recommend) and Wire World's Starlite USB cable (which I would also recommend). Excellent price-to-performance.

Note: I have not heard it in a direct shoot-out with other similar USB-DAC's within the same system.

Hope that helps a bit.
My apologies in the delay in getting back to your question. I would call it musical, and not clinical. My terminology regarding neutral does not mean it's clinical, but rather presenting itself without the additional elements of coloration. If I had to compare its sonic characteristics to a cartridge, then I would say it is more like sound you would hear from a Lyra cartridge.

Hope that helps.