Anyone heard the Krell KCT Preamp?

I am in the market for a preamp and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to evaluate or audition this unit. Any owners care to comment? Also, there seems to be no reviews published that I can find thus far. I am also particularly interested in its CAST feature for mating with Krell Class A amps (high impedance output into low impedance input. Thanks in advance.
stevecham
If you want to try tubes I would go with Audio Research. I have a KCT and it is exceptionally good the only thing that has turned me on more is the AR 5 SE, it's an amazing preamp. I've always liked the Sonus Faber Elipsa and always thought it would sound great with FPB's. I heard it with some big mac's but the bottom end was horrible with those and the midrange and treble were nothing special but I could tell it wasn't the speaker. The speakers sounded like they had great potential.

Rob
Thanks for the suggestion. I listened to the same speakers in a local store driven by big macs and, as you said, did not sound very good. Also listened to them in the store driven by a REF 5 (not the SE) but with Mac amps, I was not impressed either. Sounds like a REF 5SE and Krell FPB could be a good combo.
Hi Ronyund, curious with the sound of Elipsa with Fpb. What is ur pre and cable? Thank