Anyone Heard the DeVore Silverbacks?

Hi folks. I'm really intrigued by this speaker. Some interesting design principles here--not just the same old narrow tower with side firing woofers. The recent review in 6 Moons is glowing but really lofty--"it makes great music" blah, blah, blah. Anyone heard this speaker? I'm considering a trip into the city for a demo but am wondering if it is worth the trip. Also, not sure if my electronics match up since speaker seems intended for use with low power SET's. I've got a largish room (14 X 26 X 9) and Audio Research gear (100.2 and SP16). Anyone out there with some real experience with these?
dodgealum

Showing 1 response by boss302

I had the opportunity to hear them at In Living Stereo when I was visiting in NYC. They had just changed the placement over the weekend when I went in on a Friday. It was the same equipment set up that was mentioned by Prfont. Jonathan was great to deal with and as I waiting to pick something up a gentleman went by and went into the same room. I went back in with Jonathan to do some more listening. Turns out it was Dr. Jules Coleman. Had a great talk with them and the speakers were wonderful sounding. The only thing I had to get used to was the rumble when the subway went by.