Anyone heard the Alsyvox Botticelli planar speakers?

Full range ribbon tweeter/midrange and push-pull planar magnetic bass driver.  22Hz to 40kHz. 94 dB efficient due to all neo magnets. 260 lbs per speaker.  Has garnered enthusiastic show reviews.  BTW, "only $87k".   Looks beautiful.

https://alsyvox.com/

dracule1
Aother comment from teh Parttimeaudiophile article.

Mark Schifter // September 11, 2019 at 5:42 PM // Reply

Excellent Review Franklin – this was my pick for Best Sound at the show. 

I was really blown away with their ability to play with authority in that enormous room with ease. Material of all kinds were handled with aplomb. 

Glad you liked them also.

Mark

I can't keep track of the overwhelming commnents and posts from lover's of the RMAF room.  

Just making sure that people understand that the room or sound may not have been to everyone's liking BUT there was NOTHING wrong with the room or the sonic presentation to the VAST majority of our room visitors.  That is certain.

@rhapsody What I am trying to point out is the fact that if a speaker demo has people point out "issues" and that demo is done in a room that is "enormous"; then most times a lot of those very same "issues" can be attributed to the room. Since there has been some ’noise’ that the speakers in this room were ’slightly’ less able in the very high frequencies ( " they were tipped up") and the bass was heard to be "occasionally wondering"...this would certainly point to a room interaction.

Just like it can be difficult to dial in a speaker into too small a room, the same can be said for too large a room. Both offer their challenges. Now whether you (or other folk who you link to) actually heard the issue with this particular room at RMAF is another discussion. But my money is on those who have commented that the room
( ballroom??) was NOT ideal.
No doubt about it the room was not ideal. I never said the room was ideal. It was an enormous room with no treatment.

Only one post was it mentioned that the highs were "tipped up" and the bass was wandering. Probably to them it was, who knows? We ALL hear differenntly. Who knows what recording was on when they listened, where they were sitting etc.

Here is Rober H’s (AS) comment on the room.

The full-range planar magnetic Alsyvox($89,000) from Spain was stunningly great, with the lifelike transient performance that only planar designs can deliver.

I can point to almost 30+ posts at this point that thought the sound was mesmerizing. Only one said the sound was "tipped up" and several people thought the room to be too big.

On the flip side, I think I mentioned it prior, I am in conversations with actual buyers that heard the speakers in the room and are seriously consdidering purchase of one of the models.

So if we have many people wanting to purchase and MANY people calling the room Best of Show OR one of the Best of Shows then for me I will sign up for the exact same room next year.

Again, different strokes for differernt folks and I always respect others opinions and preferences.

I also love to discuss the sound and the room with folks who visited the room, like the person that for them the bass was wandering and the highs were tipped up. That’s an interesting conversation and I take no excption with their opinion.

On the other hand discussing the sound and the room with anyone that was not in the room or did not hear the sound personally but are going by what other’s have said is totally fine for anyone to do, I am just not personally interested in engaging in these conversations.

Btw, we are thinking on bringing the Tintorettos to Axpona in a regular, small room driven with tubes....stay tuned. The reality is the Alsyvox speakers can play to large and small rooms as well as with tubes (30 Watts) or SS ( 50 Watts plus).
With a good setup s lot of what one hears can be attributed to the recording and all recordings vary so always be wary of sound assessments good or bad based only on a very limited sample.
I went into the Alsyvox room on Friday and then again on Sunday. Both times the sound was drive me out of the room harsh and strident. I happen to like Magnepans, so I assumed these speakers would be great. It could have been the electronics, Omega Audio Concepts. I don't know anything about this line of electronics and their website tells me basically nothing. But, no, not an impressive demo.