Anyone heard or own Klipsch RF7 ?

I heard the RF7's briefly today and was blown away by the HUGE soundstage. I predicted them to be a little harsh and I was right. To defend the speaker the cabling looked a little average and they were being run with an average integrated amp which I won't mention to avoid conflict. Also I like to audition some harsh sounding CD's as some speakers deal with them better. All in all IMO they were decent for the price being they are discontinued and being "blown out". I've read about a crossover upgrade that is supposed to transform these speakers into a whole new animal. Has anyone had this done, if so how much was it? My other question is has anyone had any real success EQing the unwanted frequencies out while not totally altering the signal? An MC352 will run them.

Thanks again !!!
nuguy

Showing 2 responses by wader1971

Last weekend, I listend to a pair of Klipsch RF62 and RF82 that was being played by DENON AVR 4308ci and I brought my wife with me! We were both surprise on the sound quality - you really can't beat it with the price - I used to own a pair of Klipsch Forte II for nearly 16 years! I'm a big fan of Klipsch myself.... Likely I will end up purchasing the RF62 in the next few months...

Good Luck!
He didn't have the RF63 in at the time, he will get them in by mid May and I will head back up there and scope it out. I want to compare it to the RF62.... For $800 it is a steal!