Anyone heard of DK design group?

I have seen the DK VS-1 Reference Integrated Amplifier up for auction both here and on ebay. For the price and from the picture it looks great. However, No mention anywhere else aside from the company website:

http://www.dkdesigngroup.com/newdk/index.asp

Any comments from anyone
d1575

Showing 1 response by franklind339a

It looks like the first magazine review just came out and many of the larger magazines are all preparing to do reviews. From what I understand, there were some advance models that were sold on ebay during the testing stages. If you were lucky enough to get one, you may have gotten the best deal ever. From the reviews and current buzz on these products, it appears that the current retail price of $3000 won't last for long. It seems that the amp outpeforms amps several times its price. And with this quality, it appears that design is equally their specialty as can be seen on their site (www.dkdesigngroup.com) and by the sounds of their company name.

Here is an excerpt from two magazine reviews I just read

“The DK Design VS-1 MK 2 is an incredible piece of gear. It is the best integrated amplifier I have heard. It is not only the best integrated amp, but the best preamp and best amplifier as well. That's a strong statement, but I stand by it. The VS-1 MK 2 does everything very, very well, but best of all are the rich dynamics that make every recording come alive. As the review period came to an end, I was as in awe of the VS-1 MK 2 as I was the first time I heard it. I'm putting my money where my mouth is and buying the review sample. My advice to all of you, no matter how big your budget, is to find a dealer near you and give the VS-1 MK 2 a listen. I would also advise you to hurry. When DK Design realizes that the VS-1 MK 2 should cost $6000, not $2995, they might just raise the price! In the meantime, I'm going to be enjoying mine.” Magazine Review published in Ed Morawski

To see this full review online, visit this URL:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue15/dkvs1.htm

Positive Feedback Magazine Review by David Clark
“this is one killer product at the price! No make that one killer product at any reasonable price—the integrated easily competes against products at several times its price… In comparison to my amp and preamp combo (Clayton M100 and Blue Circle BC3000—around $13k combined) things are a bit too close (tonally and overall musically) making me squirm a bit. That is replacing the Clayton/BC combo with the integrated resulted in no significant drop-off either musically, tonally, or harmonically. It was hard to tell the two set-ups apart, they sounded too darn similar—music simply filled the room. The integrated came across as being tonally neutral and clean—no added crap or deviations from what we feel is audible accuracy, as heard here. As such, harmonically and tonally the integrated seemed to be quite right it its voicing. Not too rich, not too lean, just right. The frequencies were well extended with very good delineation of instruments occupying either end of the scale…In the time we had the unit, it worked without a hitch, offered no extraneous sounds, and was a beauty to see. What we have here is the proverbial giant killer.” Dave Clark

It sounds like if you can get one at $3000 right now, it is a deal. From what I understand, this $3000 price is an introductory price and may not last for long.

I have heard the same things from customers as this review states. It sounds better than amps several times the price and has a design that speaks for itself.

Franklin