Anyone heard Electrocompaniet AW180 or the AW400 monoblock amplifiers

Im in the market for a new amp to replace my ARC D200 amp. A local dealer recommended Rogue Audio Apollo Dark or make a major move up to Jadis JA120s. Im using a ARC LS25 mk1 pre, Teac VRDS 25x cdp and a Music Hall 5.2 TT with a Nagaoka MP200 cart, and all cabling is AQ Sky XLR and AQ Mont Blanc speaker cable.For now Im keeping my Maggie MMGs but later buying Spatial Audio M3 speakers. Im looking for tube warmth without having to maintain power tubes, the Electrocompaniets get great reviews but nowhere to hear them in Cali. Really looking for some info on the AW180/400 amps.
Thanks in advance guys
128x128mktracy

Showing 2 responses by hgeifman

There is an ad on Audiogon you might be interested in.   Please see:

Electrocompaniet AW400 monoblocks A NICE PAIR OF POWER AMPLIFIERS
@mktracy, My friend owns the Electrocompaniet Prelude Series PI-2 integrated, 100/150/220W @ 8/4/2 ohm, without the optional DAC, and likes it very much.   I have heard good comments about Electrocompaniet amps but have never heard one.   

As was stated above, Electrocompaniet products are not well marketed is the USA. I was unable to find any USA Electrocompaniet retailers in the San Francisco Bay Area. 

If you are interested, I suggest you call Dave or Troy from The Audio Doctor in New Jersey.  He should be able to answer your questions since he is a Electrocompaniet retailer.