Anyone heard Cary 303/300 after 400 hours burn-in?

Has anyone had a positive experience with a correctly functioning Cary 303/300 CD player using high quality N.O.S. tubes, and after having used a high quality burn-in cd and music for a minimum and proper break-in period of 400 hours?

Has anyone had a positive experience with Cary's Technical and Service department in Apex, N.C.?

Has anyone had a positive experience with the 303/300 using the balanced outputs into a high end, non-budget balanced preamp (or directly) into a non-budget balanced amp and high end, non-budget speakers via high quality, non-budget intercnnects and cables?

Although some folks do not believe in modifications, has anyone had a positive experience with modifying a Cary 303/300 CD player?

There are always some folks that feel a certain piece of audio gear just does not suit their expectations, but, there are many variables with audio gear, when properly addressed, the very same gear may exceed the expectations of other Audiophiles.

I am looking for new friends to share your positive experiences with the Cary 303/300 CD player.
levchappy

Showing 1 response by hack

I love my 303, use NOS Telefunken tubes and usually leave the upsampling off. I bought the CDP used, the previous owner had to change the transport and grumbled about the cost of the replacement part (he ordered the transport and had a local tech do the work). All in all I'm very happy with the Cary, highly recommended!

My system can be found here http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vdone&1106945005&view