Anyone Hear the New JBL L100 Speakers?

I'm a long time member that downsized to a smaller listening room a couple years ago. I currently have a McIntosh amp and preamp and Focal Electra Be 1008 Two way speakers on Target stands filled with 10 lbs. of lead shot.
     I enjoy the speakers but seem to be missing the lower notes a three way speaker provides. Before I downsized I had Focal Electra Be 927 three way speakers that simply had superb fidelity and seemingly captured every note with ease. 
    Thinking of maybe changing to the JBLs if they have more dynamics than U currently have.
avideo

Showing 1 response by nonoise

Your Mac equipment is gonna love the JBLs as much as my Marantz gear does. In fact, just about any decent amp will love them. 

I went from a two way monitor to the JBL 4319 and there is no doubt that that 12" bass driver will change your entire perspective and appreciation of those lower notes that only a larger driver can do justice to.

Having said that, the JBL L100s came out a year after I got my 4319s and for awhile they sold for the same price. Now you can get the 4319s for $2500 and that is one of the bargains of the century. I just ordered some Isoacoustic Oreas to try out from Music Direct (which is where I got my JBLs and Marantz gear from) and I asked them about the two speakers and if the L100 was really any better, since I've started to lean that way, and was told it would be more of a sideways move having more to do with taste and preference, so I'm sticking with my 4319 monitors.

Try to see if you can audition these speakers before buying and you'll be glad you did.

All the best,
Nonoise