Anyone have honest opinion of Jolida amps?

Want to join ranks of tube/hybred owners but with a modest budget. I need advice. Wondering if the Jolida integrateds are any good. Seem to be a lot for sale. Also seems many reviews at Audio Review website may have been written by dealers (pity if its true). Looking for honest opinions and suggetions for this audio novice. THANKS.
dakajoba
I am a systems engineer. I work on my own stuff.
I have an oscilloscope, j202 schematic, and my sons claim I have "mad soldering skills".. I bought this as a decent platform to build upon and tweek. I was amazed that all I really needed to do was upgrade the preamp section to get the sound I wanted.
In my opinion, Jolida is probably the best value in HI FI audio today. And just so everyone who thinks that's absurd has more 'ammunition', I think MF is pretty close. They're both giant killers based on my direct comparisons with new Cary and McCormacks, which cost $5,000 for seperates. And I love B&W too. I've owned Conrad Johnson and Classe' gear, so I have had a well rounded sampling of 'accepted' gear that noone disputes as being HI-FI.

I have a Jolida tube cd player and it was so much better than the MF NU-VISTA side by side at my house, that my friend sold his NU-VISTA the next day and bought a Jolida cd player. Of course you have to get rid of the cheap $3 tubes. I've tried Mullards (vintage) and Telefunkens and that cd player really lit up, I prefer 1960s Mullards.

That told me that different companies each may do a certain thing well. MFs several thousand dollar cd player sucked next to Jolida's $900 model. But MF makes amazing power amps. I hear Krell does too. I had a BK 2020 which was great, but I hate their preamp I bought (and got rid of).

I still don't know why Jolida's 3000 Fusion preamp isn't talked about more. It's only $1,000, has balanced XLRs, and sounds noticably better than their Envoy, but it lacks a phono input. When I bought the Fusion and broke it in, I thought (and still think) I found the Holy Grail. I use it with a MF A3cr (I prefer a tube pre and SS power amp). So I can't comment on Jolida's power amps or integrateds. But I do know they make hybrids (tube pre, ss power), and based on their incredible cd player and preamp...I would have to at least listen to Jolida before buying anything else.
@Samzx12: I think that's the most naive' thing I've read on agon, "you get what you pay for".

To me, the best thing about audiophile gear (beside the sound) is finding gear affordable components that sound better than those costing thousands more. Stereo equipment is one of the few great items that you can buy where you can get a lot more than you pay for, if you try. Just because something has a Cary name on it's faceplate, doesn't automatically make it $5,000 'better' than less expensive gear...Thank God!

If it were that easy, there would be no discussions. Everyone would know exactly how 'good' everything is by just comparing prices. It aint that easy.
I've had a JD302CRC integrated amp since last spring and couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase. I've been collecting vinyl for 40 years and feel I'm hearing the music as it was meant to be heard for the very first time. (Rega p3-24 thru Klipsch Heresy 1's) Great build quality, good looks and flawless performance- comparable to equipment costing thousands of dollars more. U.S. models out of Jolida in Maryland do NOT come with cheap Chinese tubes. No mods necessary, why fix something that isn't broken? Two friends bought Jolida within a few days of hearing mine and now share my enthusiasm. That's my honest opinion of Jolida amps.
Sloane27 said:
@Samzx12: I think that's the most naive' thing I've read on agon, "you get what you pay for".

I would be interested in hearing about the cheaper products you listened to that bested products that were considerably more expensive.