Anyone have experience with the Tung Sol 7581a vs. EL34, KT66, KT88, 6L6

I broke down and added another power tube (Tung Sol 7581a) to my collection.  That can get expensive as my Primaluna Dialogue HP Premium integrated has 8 power tubes.   

Why has this tube escaped me thus far?  Why is it not more popular?   Many folks don't sell this reissue tube.  

I think this is a great deal.  I was torn between the lush, thick midrange of the EL34 and the more evenly spread out sound of the KT88.  But the KT88, for all its more correct behavior didn't romance me like an EL34.  

The 7581a from Tung Sol can be had cheap and I really like them.  [I'll spare you all the audiophile terms].  They check the boxes that I was looking for. 

Does anyone have experience, information or knowledge about this splendid tube?  

PS  The next experiment is KT150s but I can't see doing it if I'm gonna lose any of that great EL34 midrange. 
128x128jbhiller
The new RUSSIAN production power tube to beat in my system (LTA ZOTL40 AMP) is the Tung Sol 7581a (6L6 type). Less than $100 a quad, bettered the KT77 GL, El34 Mullard and Tung Sol 34b. The KT66 is a very linear, clear, smooth sounding tube. I felt the Mullards were a bit grainy on top, I do like the GL KT77, but the 7581a are more refined overall. The issue is the 7581a need at least 150hrs of burn in for them to open up. I still need more hours on the TS EL34b to proper evaluate them. The TS EL34b are definitely smoother on top compared to the Mullards so far. I bought the 7581a from Viva Tubes. Highly recommended.

I buy my 7581a tubes from Viva also, and only recently noticed the break-in phenomena...I haven't used any actual EL34s since my Had amp can run pretty much anything from 150s to 77s, and I have plenty of those, but yeah...I had recently bought another pair of 7581a tubes for my second Had amp, a Hot Rod version of the version I already own, and liked the sound of my original amp just a little more...until the tubes aged a little, resulting in a pretty much identical sound between the two amps...I'll likely sell one of these amps in the near future so keep your eye out for that in the A'gon tube amp sales area if anyone wants one of these things.
Zkidd, thanks for posting.... I have a pair of Mid Monos and love them, they are awesome amps. I have had several tubes and my favorites have been KT66 and KT88 Gold Lion but I have not really had long life with them.... I had a pair of KT66 that one shorted , big fire in the bottle and it took out my midrange on my speaker..... honestly would rather that happen than amp damage..... easy fix on a Klipsch.

So in a pinch I bought a quad of Apex matched JJ EL34 locally and they actually sound quite good but I like everything I have been hearing about 7581a tubes and think I am going to order a quad.
Speaking the modern EL34 Mullards , i only got 6 months before one died.....pretty disappointing.   I think the green label EH 34s sound better and are tough....  anyway hope the 7581a possess the goodness of EL34 and 6L6 types in one bottle!!!
7581a tubes show more internal "blue glow" than any tube I've tried...I like it...and it illustrates my seemingly low threshold of entertainment.