Anyone have experience with the new ELAC DDP-2?

I've been seeing tiny bits of news about the ELAC DDP-2 streaming DAC since early last year and only recently has it become available online at a few retailers.  However, there isn't a single review of it that I can find anywhere.  With previous Audio Alchemy products getting great reviews, I can assume a certain level of quality nearly enough to go out on a limb and buy it for a 30-day trial, but I wanted to see if anyone has already taken that leap of faith.

From what I've read it combines the external DC power supply of the DDP-1 internally and uses AKM DACs in a balanced setup with onboard DSD and MQA decoding, upsampling, Spotify Connect and Roon and a headphone amp.

Anyone?
rickallen81
No, but it does look like a potentially nice package.  Moon has something similar in the 390, but it's big, big bucks.

With how fast digital and streaming changes, I have a hard time having it all built in to a 5k unit, but the AA is a nice looking package for sure. (well, what it contains, I think they saved a bit on the box, but hey that's ok).
Yeah, in the pictures that are online the ELAC Alchemy Series DDP-2 box looks like a $159 Blu-ray player available at Best Buy. . . .  I assume it sounds way better than it looks!
Agreed.  I have to hope they spent the money on the inside cause lord knows they didn't spend it on the outside.  From what I've read so far, it sounds like they combined the previously separate DC power supply inside the box as well as the separate streaming box.  I can't find any info on what DAC chip, but I want to say an article hinted it was a higher-end AKM.

I hate to be as superficial as this, but the case really does make me hesitate on buying it.  It's just so....plain.  
I am too waiting someone to give their impression on this new DAC/Preamp/ Streamer from Elac AA.  Jim Clark Stereo is selling this online, maybe he can give some more info on this nice looking equipment.
Read the show reviews of the ELAC Andante speakers. Lots of raves.

Now notice that Andrew Jones always demos these speakers with Alchemy electronics. And he was partnering with Alchemy before Alchemy was part of ELAC. There is a reason for that. 

I agree the new packaging is a little .... plain .... but IMO the insides are awesome. Peter Madnick, the designer, was VP of Engineering at Constellation as well as a principal in the old Alchemy. He definitely knows how to get really awesome sound at a price point. 

Go listen. I think you will be impressed.