anyone have experience with "replacement cost" insurance, and Allstate?

Well, thanks to a lightning strike I am without my Mark Levinson 326s. It is at the shop now getting looked at but I am not holding out a lot of hope. The 326s is not longer made, and I am worried about what Allstate will consider as a replacement.thanks for any advice you might have on this.
no_money
I do insurance replacement quotes all the time.  If you work with a good dealer they can include full installation and help you with how to talk to the insurance company.  Things like, " I purchased my original from an authorized dealer and I expect the same for support".  This keeps them from buying gray goods on the internet.
no_money
where are you located? Hope this situation fares well for your needs.Keep us posted on the developments.  Happy Listening!
Thanks Audiobunker, that's encouraging, and also why I pretty much only buy local from this B&M store. I have been going to them for over 20 years. They loaned me another streamer so I could test out the rest of the system.  They really go above and beyond.
no_money
Give your local dealer/retailer a shout-out as well.
Happy Listening!
There are two approaches insurance companies take. One it to indemnify the owner as best they can, without giving you more than what you had.

The other is to screw you over every way they can, even when you're entitled to it.

I hope you have the former and not the latter, working on your behalf.

All the best,
Nonoise