Anyone have any input on JM Lab Cobalt 816S

A Freind has a pair of the JM Lab 716S Chorus line and I really like the sound of them, I'm conidering a pair of the Focal JM Lab Cobalt 816S, If I purchase these speakers it would be by mail. Unfortunately I can't listen to them. Therefore I have nothing to compare them to. Do they compare to the chorus line? If anyone owns a pair of these. Let me know how you like them! Thanks for your input.
joe56

Showing 1 response by tkyc

I just bought Cobalt 806S speaker a few months ago. I think they are a step up from previous Chorus speakers but a newer version of the Chorus is out and looks really good. I wish I had bought the 816S as they handle more power but I am very happy with the 806S. Audio Advisor has a great deal on the 806S,816S and 826S as the Cobalt line is being discontinued. Stereophile has rated both the 806S and 816S in "B" category. I agree that they are great speakers but I am using two subooders with my speakers. At a little higher price than the JM Labs Cobalt line I would recommend Paradigm Reference Studio Line. They are great for the price and highly rated.